Thursday, July 8, 2010

Pretty Little Things

1.
2.

3.
4.





I am taking a Musical Theatre History class this summer and in addition to what I suspected the class would be (learning about musicals I've never heard of and learning the names of different composers), I am also learning about the different sub-genres. Two in particular are quite intriguing: vaudeville and burlesque. I wanted to post up some things that I find are specifically inspired by these two pre-WWII types of entertainment. Mostly burlesque, since it's cuter, aesthetically.


1. & 2. handmade lingerie found @ ToadLillie.etsy.com
3. handmade pasties found @ TabiFondapetting.etsy.com
4. ruffled pantie found @ Espalore.etsy.com

6 comments:

Toad Lillie said...

Thanks so much for including my fancy panties in your finds! xo

Unknown said...

I have really been considering buying some fo those ruffly panty things that are at American Vintage in the lingire section, just to wear with a grungy old band t-shirt or something, and now I think I will.

vanessa lamb photography said...

i want #1 and #4. Have you ever seen a burlesque show? we should go to one!

Pearly Smith said...

Vanessa! My birthday! August 5th! It's burlesque night at the Edison. You go you go with me!

vanessa lamb photography said...

yeah! that would be awesome!

vanessa lamb photography said...

yes!that would be so much fun!